- Depending on the extent of the renovation, you may need to consider moving out for a while during construction. It's messy, loud, and downright inconvenient.
- It is IMPOSSIBLE for a contractor to prepare an accurate accounting of the costs necessary to complete the project due to the unknowns that are inherent with every renovations.
- If you can limit the amount of destruction done to the existing structure, your invested money will have a greater return.
- Hire a design professional who has experience with renovations, especially if the work is going to be extensive. It's always good to have an advocate who understands the process and can help you interpret the pricing.
- Hire a contractor with experience in renovations. Don't hire just anybody with the best price. The cost up front is often not the price at the end!!
Wednesday, July 20, 2011
Renovation - What to consider
It seems like these days, most people are considering renovating rather than starting from scratch. If you are one of these individuals, here is a list of things you should consider before getting started on the process.